Monday, December 4, 2006

I'm back...

Hi Everybody,Sorry I haven't updated the site recently. The past week was pretty tiring. Out of the 20 weekdays she has been home, she has had 9 doctor's appointments. Tomorrow will be especially busy with 2 appointments. At our last pediatrician's appointment, our doctor said that Harlie had caught a virus. She's been on antibotics and she has eye drops for the virus in her left eye. I guess it was just a matter of time for that one. Although we have been very pleased to notice that she's able to close her left eye when she's crying and sometimes even when she's sleeping. That is a big improvement. So maybe her muscle tone was just a bit underdeveloped. Tomorrow we go to the Feeding Clinic at the Children's hospital here in Richmond. I think they are going to run some tests to make sure that it is safe to start to try to feed her by mouth. I think they will have to do a barium swallow. Anyway, I know that this process will be a long one - but I can't tell you how wonderful it would be to feed her by mouth. On a fun note, Murphy's school is doing a Christmas "show" tomorrow night. He'll be singing with his class. That should be funny. Our nurse is off tomorrow, but she is rearranging her schedule so Tom and I both can go. I think we might have gotten lucky with our nurse. She is very accommodating and seems to care about Harlie and her well being. Well, it is late. I will update the journal tomorrow night to let you know how the appointments went. I hope you are all well. -Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...