Sunday, February 25, 2018

Post-Op Days 3 and 4

I wrote most of this post on Saturday, but didn't get to finish it until today (Sunday).

Post-Op Day 3

Today (Saturday) has been pretty quiet. Last night (Friday) , Interventional Radiology (IR) came and gave her a PICC line. They must've had a pretty busy day. They called Harlie's nurse, who we've had for three days now, and I think she's great. They tried to tell her that they just couldn't do it and that they would get to her Saturday morning. But Harlie was getting epi through a peripheral IV, which is risky. And her nurse didn't think the IV was going to make it till the morning.  So, they came and did it. I'm really so grateful for the care she's getting.

Her transfer to the dolphin bed last night (Friday) was pretty amazing to watch. Seriously impressive.

I had to leave when IR came to give her the PICC line because it is a procedure. Tom got to the hospital right about then and we headed out for dinner.

We were slow to get to the hospital this morning ( Saturday). Some days are just like that I guess.

All was okay with Harlie. Other than the fact that she has a few more accessories.





She's still on Epi, but they have started to wean her a little. They started TPN (nutrition intravenously). ENT comes to check on her a few times a day. And someone from opthamology came to check on her eyes, since she can't close them on her own right now. I think they said she has a small abrasion, so they want them to keep some ointment in her eyes and keep them taped shut. 

My family went on a birthday outing in Norfolk with my Dad, who just turned 90 years old!




Most of the time when I'm in the hospital with her, i just kind of go to a different place in my head.  But, I had a hard time yesterday. It is just hard to see her like this. And I miss her, the boys and dogs and home and all that jazz.

We had dinner plans with our friends Chris and Mona, who live in Arlington. So, I had that to look forward to. Although I was feeling nervous that I was on the sad side and wouldn't be able to shake it. But, Chris and Mona are so great and after just a few minutes, I felt like myself again.



Mona is cooking us a nice Korean dinner tomorrow night at their house, so that will be great, too!

Post-Op Day 4



It has been a quiet day for the most part. The PICC line that her Epi is being run through had an issue. They are moving her a lot to keep any pressure sores from developing. And after moving her, her Epi pump started alarming and her blood pressures dropped. Her line was occluded. So, they had to fiddle with that for a bit. Once they moved her to her back again, it worked. So, all is well again. But clearly, she still needs the Epi.

Earlier today she was making noise which sounded a little like snoring, I could tell the noise was coming from her mouth. I'm taking this as a good sign that air can get past everything and out her mouth. I'm feeling a little hopeful that when they wake her up, that she'll have more of a voice than before. That would be amazing.

Okay, that's all I have for today. Just not feeling much like writing. And luckily, things are pretty quiet.

Thanks for all the love!

Much love,
Christy xo

1 comment:

LouiseY said...

I'm happy that this is a post relatively free from drama! I've been following your blog for years and years. I hope things are still stable today.

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...