Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cooper

Cooper is talking more and more every day.  I was slightly concerned a few months ago.  But, in the last few weeks, he has really made some crazy progress.  Honestly, one of the things that I think sparked his talking interest was the show Signing Time.   He repeats every word he can while watching it.  I think we have every video (thank you to the contributors of The Harlie Fund).  And he signs, too!

Tonight, as we were getting the kids ready for bed, Cooper and Murphy were running around wildly.  I was about to change Harlie's trach and didn't want Cooper running around us.  So, I looked at him and said, "Cooper, I think it's time you sit and look at some books." Then he said, "No way.  Cookies!  Cookies!" and ran out of the room.

Well, I'm glad we had this talk, Cooper.

I was thinking I should start writing things down, or I'm going to forget.  So, at this point my favorite words he says are:

1.  Cuppycake (for cupcake)
2.  P.B. (for T.V.)
3.  Ben (for Murphy)  I really don't get this one AT ALL.  We've all racked our brains and we've come up with SQUAT.  I certainly get that Ben is easier to say than Murphy.  But I don't know where on earth he came up with it.
4.  R.E. (for Harlie)  Now that's just cute.
5.  Mommy (for Daddy)  I have to admit that this isn't a favorite.  I think it's just worthy of noting.  Trust me when I say he says Mommy just PLENTY when referring to me alone.  To add Mommy for Daddy, well that's just mean.

Here's him talking a few months back - before the vocabulary increase.  But I probably didn't need to tell you that.  I'm pretty sure you would have figured that out for yourself...


He still goes on rants like that.  If only I knew what he was saying.  I'll give you a million dollars if you can figure it out.  Good luck!

Thanks,
Christy

1 comment:

Susan said...

That was hilarious! I have a feeling he's going to start talking and never shut up, and you'll wonder why you were ever worried. :)

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...