Saturday, May 16, 2009

Busy week

What a rough week. Everyday this week (more so than a normal week) I was rushing from one thing to another, with no break in between. After a few days like that, I start to get in a bad mood. Then I get angry at our life - which I do NOT like to do! I'm not even going to ask "why" because I already know that there's no answer to that. I just wish that EVERYTHING didn't have to be so hard.

And I wish that I could write that I was so busy carting the kids from one extra curricular activity to another, playgroups, the library, etc. But I'm not. That's not our life - yet. God help us when we finally sign up Murphy for something. I really don't know how we're going to manage that. But we'll cross that bridge later... It just makes me mad sometimes, that's all. And a week when I can't blog makes me mad, too. Writing about how I feel or what we do is therapeutic for me, and a whole week when I'm too busy, and then too tired, well, it just makes me mad.

I MUST figure out a better way to manage my schedule. I must work in at least one or two days a week where we have nothing scheduled - no doctor's appointments, no therapy, etc. I need at least one or two days a week to catch up on my "job" at home - ordering supplies, bills, phone calls, laundry, cleaning, etc. Maybe that will make me feel more in control of my life. But, I've said this before. And so far, I have not been able to do it. It never fails that something comes up and there another busy week goes.

Well, we did have another breakthrough on the Harlie-front. I'll write about that a little later!




1 comment:

Susan said...

I totally understand, although I don't think we're quite as busy as you. I really look forward to Fridays when I'm at home. It doesn't always work out, but the weeks that it does it's great. But there is no break. Even this Friday I had to call to schedule an appointment, do a trach change and follow up on what's taking Ainsley's walker so long. The time between getting the kids off to school and them coming home on the bus goes by fast. But it still helps. I hope you are able to get yourself one of those days with less going on into the schedule. I always find when the home stuff gets behind it affects my mood. Hugs.

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...