Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Trunk or Treat

On October 26th, our community pool had a Trunk or Treat.  It was so much more attended last year, but I still think it was a great event.  My kids love it. Thank you to the volunteers who organize this! It is an easy way to get the kids out and get more use out of their costumes.  Plus, more socializing for me, which is always good.

Anyway, we are totally lame in the car decorating department.  One day, we'll think ahead.  Anyway, here's my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle hanging out, enjoying the day...



I think this is my favorite costume for her, ever.  They had a parade before the judging of costumes.  Yes, that's Harlie causing a huge gap in the line.  Just like when she went to school.  And as usual, I couldn't help but feel bad for the kids who ended up behind her.



We took Rooney and Murphy wanted to walk him in the parade.


Here's the end of the line...



But, hey!  She walked it this year!  Last year at this very event, she was in her stroller, on oxygen the whole time.  This year, she walked it!  I'm so proud of her!

Murphy was an Army man, and Cooper was Optimus Prime (with a squid head, whatever).



Before the parade, Harlie wanted to go into the bouncy house.  But, it was really full and too rough for my comfort.  So, we wouldn't let her.  During the judging of the costumes, she turned around and saw the EMPTY bouncy house and made a beeline there.  I didn't have the heart to stop her.  And wouldn't you know that she won best super hero costume?  And she wasn't there to know it. Ugh!  Oh well, she loved her prize when she got it later.

We let her bounce alone until after the treating from car to car was over.  Then she went from car to car while the other kids went back to the bouncy house.

Anyway, another fun event for the fall.  And very different from last year when she was in Boston for surgery.  In fact, this is my post from a year ago.  Yes, so very different, indeed!

Sometimes, when I think about the ups and downs of her life, I just shake my head in disbelief.  I've lived it and it's still hard to imagine it's our reality.  Crazy.

Much love!
~Christy xo

2 comments:

Susan said...

Christy it's amazing those moments of clarity when you see what it's really been like, as an outsider would. You've done such a great job creating memories and living a full life among the chaos Harlie's medical conditions create. I am so happy to hear how different things felt this Halloween.

Betsy Hart said...

I am so glad she had fun. =)

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...