Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thank you!

This is just a quick post to say thank you and let you know that I'm much better now.

But first, I want to thank all of you of who commented on my last post, sent me emails, messages, called, etc.  We are so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful family and friends.  I just can't imagine living this life without your support.  After writing that post I felt so... exposed.  And even though it was weird to talk to someone who read it (it felt like they were looking into my soul) everyone was so good to me.  I really do feel like we are so lucky in so many ways.  So, thank you!

I also want you to know that I am feeling better and stronger now.  I will always be sad about what's been lost and what battles we've fought and will continue to fight.  I know that will never go away.  So I have to learn how to live life with those feelings.  And be happy despite them.  I try so hard to focus on the positive.  But, some days it's harder than others.  And the past few days were really hard.

But, as they say, time heals... and that's true.  And just being with Harlie makes me feel better.  She really is such a happy kid.  We've started focusing on her communication device again.  They are bringing home letter books and I am teaching Harlie how to "read" the book with the device.  That has been awesome.  And I'm excited to get the next letter book to see how she does.  Wow, how different things are already this year!  

I have so many more positive things I want to write about, but I need to get to bed.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to upload some pics and tell you more about what's going on.

Oh!  And I want to thank all of you that have already registered for the We Heart Harlie 5k.  We're so excited to see everyone!

Much love,
Christy xoxo

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...