Sunday, September 18, 2011

Harlie's Homework, Classwork and Artwork

This was Harlie's homework the other night...


And this was a class project...


And for this week's shocker... she actually licked or at least put each cracker in her mouth!  And while that might seem completely natural, it totally isn't.  That is CRAZY!!!  And after "trying" all crackers, she went back to the graham cracker and took the smallest of nibbles.  Seriously, words do not describe how incredible that is.

And since I am finally getting around to posting some photos of her work, this next picture is from her Kindercamp experience.  They had to draw themselves with a friend.  And when they asked her who the "friend" was in her picture, she signed "Mommy."  Awwwww!  She really DOES love me!!!


Even though I'm just a floating head with no body.  I don't even care.  I take the love when it is given!!!

Oh!  And back to shockers... Tom and I went out last night to a party.  And Harlie's nurse gave her a juice box.   With a skinny straw (which is harder for Harlie to get lip closure around).  And she DRANK THE WHOLE DARN THING!!!  Unbelievable.  So, tonight when we went to the grocery store, I bought this...


And I'm hopeful that since it's similar to a juice box, she'll actually drink it on her own.  That would be awesome if she did!  That would be great for her snack time.

I also bought these...


Just thought I'd see if these cups were more fun for her.  I'll try anything if it makes her want to eat or drink.

Stay tuned this week.  I have a ton of posts coming up.  Next weekend is a BIG weekend... Harlie will turn FIVE years old on Sunday, the 25th.  And then the next day, the 26th, Cooper will turn THREE.  Oh, her birthday is so full of emotions.  My thoughts and heart have been consumed with what was going on five years ago right now.  I was on bed rest in McLean, VA, staying with my brother's wife's sister and her family so I could get to the hospital should anything happen (thank you Kerry and Thomas!).  How scared I was.   How I had no idea of what was to come.  How I had no idea how strong I could be.  Or how strong Tom and I could be.  Did you know that the divorce rate for couples with special needs children is between 80% and 90%?

So, more to come...

Thanks!
~Christy

1 comment:

Susan said...

Strong you are indeed! Congrats to you and Tom for stickin' together. Indeed the demands are high and it's tough on a marriage. Ainsley's 5th birthday is next months and I'm having these similar thoughts.

I am REALLY impressed with Harlie's handwriting and drawings. Way to go Harlie! Rock star, that's what she is!

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...