Monday, October 18, 2010

Lucky

I found this photo the other day. 


Something about it I just love.  It was taken in July 2009.  I think she's signing "fish."  There's nothing special about the picture.  I just like it, so I thought I'd share it.

I've been in a blogging funk lately.  Not really sure why.  I know that I've been very busy.  Every minute seems to be booked.  And after a while of that kind of busy, I just get kinda lost in it.

Today I made the time to go to Murphy's school for his PE class.  They are doing a program called "move your feet so others can eat."  They asked people to pledge X number of cans of food for every lap your child completed on the track in six minutes (I think that was the time).  Anyway, they invited family to come, too, and run with them.  So I walked on over with Cooper in the stroller for the event.  Thank goodness there was one other mom there who planned on running with them.  I don't think I would have done it by myself.  But, I think Murphy got a real kick out of seeing us there.  And I was so pleased that he ran four laps and never stopped running.  He did great!  Of course I didn't bring the camera.  I am really slacking in the picture taking department lately.  I really need to get a picture of Harlie in her gymnastics outfit.  SO cute!!!

And lately, my mind's been on my running.  This week will be the hardest miles yet.  We are supposed to run 40 miles from Tuesday to Saturday.  FORTY MILES!!!  Ugh.  That's a pretty daunting goal if you ask me.  So, increased running time requires increased "rest" time (yeah, right) which means decreased blogging time.  So sad.  But, every time I feel overwhelmed or tired of running, I just think about how it's going to feel crossing that finish line.

This past weekend Murphy and Tom went on their first Cub Scout camping trip.  They had a great time. Of course Murphy's favorite part of the weekend was s'mores.  Yes.  He's MY kid.  That just happens to be my favorite part of camping, too.

While they were away, Harlie went to her friend, Kyleigh's 4th birthday party.  I was running, so I couldn't be there.  But, Jennifer (Harlie's nurse and Kyleigh's mom) said that Harlie sat on a horse and held a hedgehog!!!!  Jennifer had a petting zoo party.  How cool is that???  They had a little kangaroo (a wallaby?), a lemur, a monkey, some lizards, snakes, and bunnies.  Harlie is ridiculously afraid of dogs (seriously - it's insane and I have no idea where this fear comes from.  The only thing I can think of is that dogs are unpredictable in their movements.) so the fact that she sat on a horse and held a hedgehog is pretty remarkable.

And one of the mom's on the trach board posted that they lost their little girl this weekend.  And that always makes me sad.  And it makes me feel so blessed, too.  That could have been me having to post something like that - several times.   But here I am, four years into it, still blogging about all the amazing things Harlie can do.  Even when I'm busy and overwhelmed with therapies, appointments, decisions, school, feedings, running, cleaning, working, etc. I never forget how lucky we are.  Never.

Here's to hoping you feel lucky, too!
~Christy

4 comments:

B-Mama said...

Christy, this a beautiful post. I loved reading it to the last word. Thanks and hugs, B

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Definitely lucky! I never forget how blessed we are for every day with Emily. I am glad you see it too. :) Are there pictures of Hailey with the animals? That sounds cool!

grandma said...

Very Blessed we are..very! My sympathy goes out to your friend and her family for the loss of their little one..that is so sad.

Heather said...

I do feel lucky- lucky for a new blog post this morning! but seriosly, thanks for the reminder to think positive today. and by now you have 5 miles done so only 35 left for the week! easy peasy! that is a great photo of Harlie- I love the wings. just so 3 years old. love it!

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...