Friday, March 2, 2018

Post-Op Day 9

Hi. Harlie is holding steady. Here's how our sweet girl looks today...


Not many people can pull off looking this cute in an ICU.

Her trach/stoma wound care is proving to be a challenge. The weight of the ventilator tubing does NOT help. ENT and wound care come by several times a day to check on her healing.

She requires constant care. And nothing is straight forward. It is exhausting to watch. And it is hard to think of any kind of life outside this room.

So, in case you were curious, I am still without hot water at the RMH. Tom told me to suggest to them that a plumber take the parts out of the downstairs shower, and use them for mine. So, I did. She said she thought it was a bigger problem (I'm sure it is), but she would ask. She also said that IF they couldnt find the parts and have to special order them  it could take a month. Really? It has been a week, if you haven't found them by now, just replace the whole thing with a new one. Sometimes I don't know why I'm not crazier. I hear all the time that people don't know how I do it. Well, quite frankly, I don't know how I do it, either. I just know that being mad doesn't get me anything.

Anyway, it is super windy. But, I am stubborn, and chose to walk through it anyway. I was terrified I was going to get hit by flying debris (which wouldn't surprise me in the least) so I walked constantly looking around me. I'm sure I looked crazy to passers by.

Sadly, the Starbucks was closed due to a power outage.

And then I came across a fallen tree across Michigan Avenue.




Tom is on his way up, so that's good.

So, that's all I have for today. As always, thank you for your continued love and support. We appreciate it more than you know.

Much love,
Christy xo


No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...