Thursday, May 23, 2013

CT scan and a some other stuff

Yesterday (Wednesday) was Harlie's CT scan.  And she did great!  The night before (Tuesday) I pulled up some photos of a CT scan and showed them to her.  I asked if she remembered being in one.  Of course, she didn't reply.  I went on to tell her that you have to be very still and not move while in there.  She seemed completely uninterested.

But, I think she was taking it in.  Because when we went the next day, she was not at all bothered.  She didn't fight putting on the hospital bracelet (something she used to do because she thought that meant she wasn't going home).  And when we walked in the CT room, she was a champ.  She remained perfectly still.



After it was over (just a few quick minutes) they checked over the images to make sure they were good.  Then we headed on over to pick them up on disk so I could send them to Boston.  I feel so much better now.  I couldn't fall asleep the other night because I kept on thinking of all the things I have to do and take care of - this CT scan was at the top of the list.  I am happy to be able to check this one off for good.

If only the CT scan was scheduled for an hour earlier, I could have made it to Cooper's end of year program.  Darn it.  Luckily, Tom was able to go.  And this wasn't Cooper's preschool graduation.  While a lot of kids in his class are going to kindergarten this fall, he has one more year in preschool.  With a late September birthday, we are definitely holding him back a year.  So, I'll have another opportunity next year.

Today was Cooper's last day of school.  It was a really short day, then they had a family fun thing afterwards.  They had Jonathan Austin, bounce houses, face painting, a craft table and a petting zoo.  Just look at these adorable baby bunnies...

Sweetest things ever.
They also had hairless guinea pigs.  Eww.  Poor things can't help how scary they look.  And they had a few small pigs.  CUTE!  I could have taken that little guy home he was so adorable.  Instead, I took home a little tiger...

James and Cooper - Tigers!

On Tuesday (going backwards) Harlie had feeding therapy.  She did this while she was there...


I just love how she labeled her own picture.

And then at swim practice (swim team started for Murphy on Monday) she did this...


She's so silly.

I'll get caught up on this blog eventually.  I haven't been able to exercise in over a week - or blog - and now that's got me all grumpy.  Somehow I've got to get my life a little more organized so I can be more efficient.

Also, one more thing before I go... There are a few items that were left after the We Heart Harlie event on Saturday.  Does any of this belong to you?  Or someone you know?  I hate that a child lost their glasses!




Please pass on the word that we have these items.

Okay, that's it for tonight.  As always, thanks for reading!!

xo,
Christy

1 comment:

Susan said...

Go Harlie go you rock star! That's so fantastic because I know how emotionally difficult it was when she was scared and fighting. I'm glad you can relax a little now that this part is done. LOVE the cat picture! LOVE the pic of her loungin' poolside.

Wow summer break already? Good luck getting organized now that the kids are home from school. Hehe. Sorry I shouldn't laugh. Let the summer fun begin! XOXO.

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...