Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Camping

This past weekend, we went camping.  We went to the same campsite that we went to in October when Cooper cut his face.  I am happy to report that we had no incidents this time around.  Yay!  But one might say we just got lucky...

Probably not a good idea.

Definitely not a good idea.
The guys made a slack line (or whatever you call it)...

Harlie loved it.
And so did Cooper.
Look at Mike go!
I think Bill might fall...
Tom balancing away.
Griffin, Cooper and Kaden having lunch.
Mallory, Murphy and Kaden exploring.
Rooney was great.  He stayed within eye sight the whole time.  And when we called him, he came.  He did a ton of running.  And he missed his normal 12 naps a day.  Which helped him to sleelp well at night in the bottom of our sleeping bag.  

Look at my sweet Rooney.
Carnitas for dinner.  Yum!  Thanks Mike!
Tom made a huge bowl of guacamole to go with the yummy Carnitas.  And we had some good margaritas, too.  All in honor of Cinco de Mayo.  We don't rough it too much when we go camping.  We eat very well.  

Saturday night Carnitas dinner.
We did a lot of sitting around the fire.  There is a huge stone fire pit and it's where we tried to spend most of our time.  And of course, we roasted marshmallows (my favorite) and made s'mores.  The kids had flashlights and glow sticks, and they had a blast.

After packing up to go home, we got some group photos by the fire pit.  

Harlie, Cooper, Kaden, Murphy, Mallory and Griffin.
Murphy took the picture of the grown ups.  We saw Harlie coming our way, and yelled "Push the button!" at him over and over.  Why are kids so slow when you want them to be fast, and fast when you want them to be slow???  Ugh!  So, Harlie jumped in (keep in mind that she moves pretty darn slowly) and blocked Dan the dog (Heather and Neal's dog).  Oh, Murphy...

Mike, Tom, Neal, Marcy, Me and Heather
I knew that Rooney would be exhausted when we got home.  During the weekend he ran so much, and slept so little.  He's tried to make up for it this week, that's for sure!

Rooney was one tired pup!
We really had a great time.  And we'll go back again in the fall.  Each time we'll make it a little better to try to glam it up a bit.  I've already been on Pinterest looking for some glam s'mores to make.  Oh yeah, they have some fancy ones...

And I just can't end this post without telling you how thankful we are.  I thought so many times about how lucky we were that Harlie has been well for several weeks, which allowed us to go without too much worry.  We always worry a little (of course!) when we leave the comfort of our home and familiar medical support.  But, Harlie was able to have fun without any problems or scares.  And we are so thankful for that!  

Oh, I'll have some more info on the We Heart Harlie event soon.  We have so many great prizes and we got the new t-shirts in today!  They are great!  I'll post photos soon.  I can't believe the event is just over a week away!

Thanks!
~Christy xo

3 comments:

carla said...

such sweet memories made. what a wonderful tradition. i grew up LOVING camping - don't know what happened :) these days I prefer s'mores from the comfort of my tom holton - provided WOLF oven :) cheers holtons!

Susan said...

Christy are those kids playing with axes, I see?! LOL. Yeah, maybe not a good idea. I'm glad you had a safe camping trip. It sounds like a great time. I'm jealous that your men cook. ;)

I love the picture of Rooney all laying flat on his tongue. You can tell he just passed out. So cute!

You're inspiring me to plan a camping trip. Hopefully this year hubby'll be home so we can.

I'll try calling you again Thursday.XOXO.

Betsy Hart said...

That is so wonderful that she was healthy enough to enjoy that and that you didn't have any scares.

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...