Thursday, November 1, 2007

Weight Gain!

So, today we took the kids to get their flu shots. Murphy got his first "big boy" shot - in the arm! He did great. Harlie got hers and she has to get another one in one month. 

While there we went on ahead and weighed her. Drum roll please.... 17.8 pounds!!!!! I am so excited! And you can really tell, too. You can see it all over her body now. And I just can't tell you how good it feels to see some real fat on her bones!! So, it looks like the new feeding pump is doing the trick. I think I might start the transition to bolus feeding again this weekend. 2nd attempt. Hopefully it will go better than the first. 

So, after the appointment, I took Murphy to school. Then Brandy, me and Harlie went out for lunch. The waitress asked, "what's that thing on her neck?" I explained in the most brief form possible. Then she said, "well, when I had my daughter, they told me she was perfect. But I noticed she had a little spot around her eye. It was like a broken blood vessel. Now she has to wear glasses." 

Nice. Aren't people funny? 

Well, that's it. Just wanted to share the good news on her best weight gain EVER! 

Take care,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...