Tuesday, September 19, 2017

We are home again.

Thank you all for your love and concern. All of her blood work came back normal, and her CT scan showed nothing amiss.  All a relief. I am not totally comfortable with the swelling right next to her pressure sore. But they are treating it as cellulitis (best case scenario) and she's on clindamycin.

Once they determined that she would not need to go to the OR (Thank God) I asked them to switch her to oral antibiotics and let us go home.  They agreed. I will follow up with wound care as needed.

I just want to say how difficult it is to be in a situation where I have to take her away to other hospitals for care. I had a meeting with the plastic surgeon here years and years ago about her jaw.  And I decided to take her to Boston instead. It is clear from our conversation today that this surgeon remembers that. I fully felt a judgment from her regarding my decision. I find that extremely frustrating. I would give anything to be able to stay home for all her care, but that just isn't the case. Heck, her life started by my having to take her to DC - no choice. Hate to say it, but that kind of set the tone.

Anyway, I am doing the best I can to make the best decisions for her. Not to mention that no ONE doctor knows what I know about Harlie. So, they do not have all the information I have. Any judgment is just unnecessary. And I don't need to feel it when I'm trying to care for my kid. Or when I need to trust a doctor who is taking care of my kid.

So, we are home. Tom had lunch ready for me. I was starving! I ate and then took a nap.

Just realized I'm missing back to school night at Murphy's school tonight. Ugh. I feel like our life is just really messy right now. It occurred to me after I went to the hospital last night that the boys were going to wake up to us being gone. And that must be weird, and difficult for them. I feel bad for the boys. They miss their sister and don't like her hurting, either.

Okay, gotta go. Thank you again for all your thoughts, prayers and overall amazing support. We appreciate you all more than you know.

Much love,
Christy xo

2 comments:

Hartman 4 said...

Oh, so much swearing going through my head on your behalf. I'm sorry... :(
-Brittany

Robin Kargoll said...

Screw that doctor! I've gotten the same judgements for taking Faith to Cincinnati for all these years, especially after the last jaw surgery seemed to be a step backwards instead of forwards.
Only you and Tom can make these incredibly difficult decisions for Harlie, there isn't a known path for us to follow, it's all a bit at a time, see how it goes and continue to do the best you can.
So glad you are home again and hope she is feeling better.

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...