Sunday, March 1, 2015

Disney World, Day 2

This won't be much of a post.  So, I'm sorry I took so long to post it.  I've had very little nursing in the past two weeks and the kids have been home so much because of the snow.  So my days haven't been very productive.  Repetitive, yes, productive, no.

Day 3 was our first day to a park, so I'll have a better post later about that.  But, for Day 2, Sunday, we didn't have anything planned.  Which, is how we wanted it.

The Steelers played that day.  So, Tom found a Steelers bar not far away and the guys went there to watch the game.  Laura, Marcy and I stayed "home" with the kids.  After just lounging around and enjoying the lazy time, we took the kids to the water park in the neighborhood.



It was a great water park.  The water was heated and the kids had a great time. There was a lazy river section, where you get on/in a tube and float around.  Harlie wanted to go in it so badly.  But, it was deeper, colder (not heated) and had a current.  There was no way I felt comfortable enough to take her by myself.  I would trust Tom could handle it, but not me.  I saw disaster all over that.  So, I had to tell her no.  I know she doesn't understand how risky stuff like that is.

If Tom had been at the park that day, I would have had him take her down a slide.  She so wants to go down a water slide.  But, that scares me, too.  Too risky by myself.

Regardless, I think she still had fun.  It makes me nervous, though.  I have to walk beside her most of the time.  If she's in water that's too deep for her to sit in safely, I worry that she'll fall while walking and submerge herself.  Of course, she doesn't understand all that and resists holding my hand.  Oh, the downsides of a trach...

After the football game, the guys went to Costco and stocked up for the week.  I think we had frogmore stew (shrimp, scallops, sausage, corn, onions and potatoes).  Yum!

This was our view for most of the week (when we were at home, I mean, and not at a park).


The guys did most of the cooking (and pouring) and we sat on the other side of the island, enjoying drinks, food and company.  It really was a glorious vacation.

More soon!
~Christy xo

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...