Monday, September 29, 2014

Belated Anniversary Post

Lots to blog about.  Will start with a quick one while I'm writing the "real" post.  Back on August 31st, Tom and I had our 12th wedding anniversary.  While it's not a terribly long time, I feel like we've lived WAY more than just 12 years... we've been through some stuff, for sure.  So, I wanted to do something special for Tom.

For those of you that know me well, this won't come as a surprise, but I am a horrible gift-giver.  I have a very hard time thinking about details like that.  In order to make room for all things medical and educational regarding Harlie, I had to make some room in my brain, which meant losing some basic things.  So, in many ways, I really think I'm "dumber" than I used to be.  At least in the day to day, regular aspects of life.  But, it's the way it had to be.  And I figure that I've saved a life, so that makes it okay and well worth the sacrifice.

Anyway, this horrible gift giving applies to Tom, too.  So, he usually buys his own gifts.  There have been a few times that I really tried hard to surprise him, but it never works out.  He always ends up finding out about it - or he goes and buys the very thing I bought him in the days before his birthday or Christmas.

The most insulting part is that he is a great gift-giver to me.  He's so thoughtful and always gets me something I love.  So, I thought this year, I would do something special for him.  Something to show him how much he means to me, and to his family.  Something he wouldn't know anything about.  So, I put together a video for him.

I asked my niece, Kelly, to help me with it because I used to use One True Media and it was super easy.  Well, that company was bought or something and it was no longer in service.  So, I had to figure something else out.  She helped and while she was scanning in photos and starting the project for me, I selected some songs to use.  I wrote them down and one day Kelly came over and I showed her the list.

The list was in a notebook that I never use and it was in a box on the floor with all my other "to do" crap.  Tom rarely comes in my office and he never looks at the mounds of paperwork.

But, when I went to look at my list, this is what I saw...


Tom added the last song on the list.  Which meant that he saw my list.  Which meant that he probably figured out what I was doing.  As disappointed as I was, I couldn't help but laugh.  First of all, Get Down on it, by Kool & the Gang?  How random!  It's moments like these that tell me we are going to be just fine.

Anyway, here's the video...


12 Anniversary FINAL from Christy Holton on Vimeo.

More soon!
~Christy xo

1 comment:

Susan said...

Ahhh. That was a beautiful tribute to Tom. I watched it all the way to the end and was a little disappointed to find it didn't include Kool and the Gang. LOL. You are going to be just fine. Actually better than fine.

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...