Thursday, November 7, 2013

Harlie says, "I love you" to me.

Just a quick one to let you know that Harlie is doing well.  She's very happy and playful and rarely complains of pain.  I've decided to keep her home from school this week.  The bruises are fading more and more each day.  So, I think it's best not to rush back to school and either upset other students, or have them upset her by staring at her.  I know they wouldn't mean to upset her, heck, I stare at her a lot throughout the day!  But, I'd rather not risk it at this point.

I have been neglectful in taking daily photos of her to show how she's looking.  But, I did manage to get some video last night.  Kim came over yesterday to cut the kids' hair.  Later that night, I gave Harlie a bath.  I take her off the oxygen for her bath and while getting ready for bed.  Then all of a sudden, out of the blue, she put her finger over her trach and said, "I love you."  I couldn't believe it.  It was so cute I could have died!  I ran downstairs and grabbed my phone and took some video.  You can tell that she gets so excited to hear herself.  She hasn't been able to wear her cap in almost a year.  So, we've heard so little of her voice.  This was so wonderful...


and later on...


I've watched these videos like a million times.  She is such a sweet goofball!  I just can't get enough of her!

More soon!

Much love,
Christy xo

4 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

That is wonderful! Glad you were able to capture the video too.

laura said...

oh my goodness! she is just so darn excited! thanks for capturing this and sharing!

Susan said...

Christy that is so awesome! Both that she said it, but also that she was so happy to be ABLE to say it! She's so proud of herself you can tell. I really hope now that the hardware is out and she can start to fully recover that perhaps she'll be able to wear a cap or valve again. I have a feeling you are going to be hearing a lot of new words. XOXO.

Susan said...

I thought I'd commented....what's to say except that is AWESOME!!!

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...