Saturday, April 27, 2013

Happy Birthday Tom!

Tomorrow (Sunday) is Tom's 40th birthday.  And you know what he gets to do for his special day?  He gets to wake up super early in the morning and drive to DC to cheer me on in the Nike Women's Half Marathon.  Now that's love.  I really should brag about him more.  No one is perfect, and he certainly has his faults, too.  But he is a wonderful person, husband, father and friend.  And I am so thankful.

I left today around 11am and came up with my friends Sally and Stephanie.  We drove to Georgetown and picked up our race packets, then went shopping.  I just HAD to go to the Athleta store. 

Me, Sally and Stephanie

Us being goofy before dinner.
We met more friends (Niki, Katherine, Mary Curtis, Anna and Wendy) at the hotel and went to Matchbox Chinatown for dinner.  It was fabulous!

Anyway, I just feel awful about tomorrow being Tom's birthday and me running in this race.  But he hasn't complained once.  And he helped me plan it by picking the hotel and the restaurants for dinner tonight and brunch tomorrow (Marvin - one of our favorites from our hospital stays with Harlie).  And I really think he wants to be here tomorrow, cheering me on.  He is so supportive.  Much more so than I am of him with his cycling.  But I have made much more effort to let him be gone to ride without making him feel bad.  He is training for a double century bike ride (yes, that's 200 miles - on a bicycle!) in July.  So he needs to get in lots of long rides, which means he's gone lots of Saturdays and Sundays.  I guess that's the least I can do.

Well, it's time for me to get to bed.  Tomorrow's race starts at 7am.

Happy Birthday, Tom.  I love you!
~Christy xo

1 comment:

B-Mama said...

So fun! Have a wonderful race with your awesome hub! Enjoy the day together.

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...