Well, it looks like we might be making some progress!!! I am SO happy!!! We are going to stay tonight for sure. But if things continue to move, tomorrow might be a different story!
We finally saw her surgeon today. She looked at how close the cast was to her girly parts. I can't remember if I told you about that yet or not. But, since she's casted with her hip straight (leg is not at an angle outwards) there is very little room in that area. In fact, it was covering up half of her stuff (literally)! Her surgeon said it looks like she shifted a bit in the cast - because it was not like that in the OR. So, she had them cut the cast away from that area a bit. Just an inch or two made a huge difference. I know she has to feel more comfortable now. I still don't see how in the world we're going to keep it clean, but you know we'll try our best. We bought some Saran Wrap last night, so we've got some of that wrapped around the top. We'll see how that goes.
She is signing "potty" some, so we've been putting a bedpan under her. So far that's worked okay. I'm not sure how that's going to work long-term, but maybe by then I can explain to her that it's okay if she goes in a diaper.
Anyway, that's about it for now. My hopes are high. I think any movement at this point is AWESOME and a great sign that things might progress pretty quickly from here on out. Hopefully my next post will be even better!!!
Woohoo!
Thanks,
Christy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Difficult Day
There are a few times of the year that prove to be particularly challenging, year after year. Homecoming is one of those times. The other ti...
-
We're trying it again... her heart cath is tomorrow (Tuesday) at MCV . We have to be there at 7am. Hopefully everything will go just ...
-
Hi. The past few days have been okay, I guess. Well, to be honest, Harlie is pretty miserable. We aren't exactly happy, either. Surgery...
-
There are a few times of the year that prove to be particularly challenging, year after year. Homecoming is one of those times. The other ti...
3 comments:
great news!!!
Kat
Finally, I can leave a message. Miss you guys like crazy. Sorry things have been so stressful, hurry home so I can bare some of that for you! Brandy
Yay! Can't wait to see you! Glad she's feeling better.
Post a Comment