Thursday, October 4, 2007

Surgery Update

Hi everyone,

Well, I was finally able to make it to the library. She is out of surgery and is back in her room on the Heart and Kidney Unit. We have gotten to know so many nurses now, that we feel pretty comfortable. Somehow we got lucky and got a private room. Loving that.

Surgery went fine. And her surgeon said that if it were up to him, he would discharge us today. But, it will be up to cardiology and I haven't spoken to anyone yet about that. But I am really hoping that they will let us go tonight. She is already back on room air with sats in the high 80's, which is incredible (incredibly good, I mean). For the past 3 nights in a row she has not needed oxygen. WOW!!!!! I woke up several times last night and peeked at the monitor - 89 sats. Unbelieveable - especially considering she was sleeping, and typically sats drop when you're sleeping.

As far as the surgery goes, things went well, I think. Her muscles appear to work okay and she looks more "normal" there now. He said that we may want to do another surgery in a few years, but we'll cross that bridge then. She'll probably always have some issues in that department, but I think they'll be livable in the grand scheme of things.

I'll write more about it later. I just wanted to give you a quick update. Need to get back to her room just in case cardiology comes by. Doctors always seem to know when you've just stepped out.

Thank you for all your well wishes!!!

Take care,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...