Saturday, October 14, 2023

Post-Op Day 4 (TMJ Replacement)

 Hi! The day is going pretty well, I think. Plastics came and cleaned her incisions. She wasn't happy about that at all, of course.  

I heard that her blood pressures are still not at baseline. She's hydrated now and still not on Enalapril, so I guess hydration wasn't the easy answer. The cardiologist that we've known for years here came by and it was like he came in with a cape on. Haha! He said he heard about what happened, he apologized and said he was going to get to the bottom of everything. Woohoo! He reached out to her EP at CNMC (in DC) and hopefully they will connect. It is Saturday, after all. I pulled up some clinical notes from August and he saw that she had a run of NSVT (non sustained ventricular tachycardia) in August. So, we know of at least two incidents of it. I don't know what that means, exactly. I mean, I know what NSVT is and that it can be dangerous, but I don't know at what point I have to worry or what they can do about it. 

For now, he said that it won't keep her here. They are not going to restart her Enalapril. We will have to follow up with her cardiologist at home soon about that. 

He said he was able to reach her EP in DC and they had a conversation. I'm pretty impressed considering it is Saturday. At any rate, they decided to put her on an additional medication for the NSVT. A beta blocker, I believe is what he said. Still going to hold her Enalapril. So, they called in the extra antibiotic and some pain meds and we were able to get her discharged. Yay! She helped take off the tape from her IVs. 


Despite the horrible day yesterday, I am thankful for the nurse we had today and yesterday and for her cardiologist coming to our rescue today. Not ideal to start a long drive at 3pm, but beggars can't be choosers, I suppose. I went to Target the other day and got her a new pair of pjs for the trip home. I know it is hard to tell, but I do think Harlie is happy to be on the way home. The swelling is preventing her from being able to move her facial muscles. 





Maybe it will be better to travel on a Saturday anyway. Already the trip is supposed to be shorter than when we checked yesterday. 

Thank you for all the love and support! It is so hard to be so far away from our family and friends - but all your comments and messages really make a difference! Thank you!

Much love!

Christy xo



No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...