Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Post-Op Day 7

Hi. It has been a quiet day for the most part.

They were able to stop the Epi drip, so that is good news.

Her cultures grew something (can't remember what it was) that is not sensitive to Clindamycin. So, they had to add in a different antibiotic.

They have been suctioning and bagging her a lot.

They have added a Versed drip because her blood pressure would go up whenever they did anything to her, indicating she was in pain. And Versed helps you forget what's going on, just in case. I told them I could use a Versed drip, too. I'm sure that's not the first time they've heard that joke.

They are still planning on changing her trach to a longer one tomorrow. I have no idea what time that will be.  I don't understand, so it is impossible for me to explain it to you. But, there is a lot of "space" between where the trach goes into her neck, and where it enters her actual trachea, which leaves less tube secure in her trachea??? Maybe because of swelling? I don't know. And I'm pretty sure the trach is still stitched in place.  But, she's accidentally decanned before, while the trach ties were secure, by popping out from below.  I'm finding explaining this very difficult. 

Well, I suppose I'll get a better understanding after they go into the OR and get a better look at how everything healed/is healing. That has now changed from Monday to Tuesday, by the way.

That's really all I have for you today. I'm feeling a bit tired and just.... sad. Here's how she looks today...


Breaks my heart. I think her nurses feel the same way because they are so kind and gentle and sweet to her. I am so thankful for all who work so hard to help her.

Thank you for all the kind words of support, encouragement and love. We are soaking them in, trust me.

Much love,
Christy xo

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your sweet girl daily.

-Kate

Chris D said...

I am sure this is so very much more difficult for you than for your amazingly brave and unbelievably strong daughter ~ take comfort in that much of this will not be be remembered by Harlie ~ God Bless you

Hartman 4 said...

You all have been through so much. So, so much. Thanks for taking the mental energy to update us.

Susan said...

After yesterday I'm glad to hear it was a quiet day. Thank you for explaining about the trach space. Your explanation totally makes sense as to how that might happen. I guess these aren't chubby baby necks anymore. I hope you have more quiet days and very good news coming Tuesday. Hugs and love.

Lynn McNeal said...

Christy, my love and prayers are with you all! You have to be the strongest woman I know. Thanks for the updates.

Megan N said...

I've been following your story for a while as we have friends in common and my youngest has gone to HOPE for the past few years; I see her therapists wear Harlie & Friends t-shirts almost every time we are there. Sending love and prayers for your girl and the whole family.

Anonymous said...

I haven't commented before as I just do not know what to say. I am so sorry for what you are experiencing. Thank you for sharing your journey. It isn't a journey any of us wish to take but I am glad you have a supportive family and friend network.

Anonymous said...

Harlie is such an inspiration to all of us. I pray for her comfort, healing and for progress every day. She is loved by so many! Can't wait until the day you write that you're back home and Harlie is back to her funny, happy self. She's a tough cookie. The child is truly amazing!!

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...