Monday, July 16, 2007

Sick and sick.

Well, this weekend was supposed to be a fun filled weekend getaway. I was taking Murphy to see my friend Melissa and her girls in Va Beach. And, I was leaving Harlie here, with Tom. That way, we each could get some good bonding time before who knows what will happen in the next week.

We get down there, go out to dinner (Matt kept the kids - yay!) and when we get back, Murphy has a fever of 102.9. UGH! So, I had to cut the trip short, and come home. This is the second time this summer that our plans have been foiled by sickness!!! So, I come home and take the kids back to the doctor.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Harlie has gotten worse. In fact, I almost took her to the ER on Saturday, but didn't. She started to cough and you could hear the emphysema. It was terrible. I guess I just needed some time to get used to it and have some confidence that she was okay after a coughing attack. At night she needed to be suctioned every 3-5 minutes for several hours. Tom and I just slept on her floor. It has made for some very long, sleepless nights lately.

I am taking her current condition as a sign that surgery will need to be done soon. She has emphysema - and the ER isn't going to help her. She needs to have the lobes removed. Because her secretions are colored, she is back on antibiotics. Bummer.

Oh, and to finish the whole nutrionist saga...I didn't hear from her on Friday morning as promised. I called the advocate person, just to let her know. And at 4pm the nutritionist's assistant called me to tell me that she would be calling me before 5. At 4:30, she finally called. She didn't even apologize first - she got right to business. But don't worry - I didn't let her get away with that. I let her have it. One thing that has been very difficult as Harlie's mom is having to get out of my comfort zone and be a demanding, assertive person. Not exactly words that have been used to describe me. But, I am getting better and better all the time.

So, Wednesday's the big day - our lung appointment. Just have to keep myself occupied until then. And with Murphy's help (he'll be home tomorrow) I don't think I'll have a problem. haha

Well, talk to you later.
Take care,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...